Sunday, May 20, 2012

I blinked and a year went by

Or at least that's what it feels like. I last posted about two weeks ago. And it feels like no time has passed at all. That same feeling extends across....well, life. You never believe it as a kid, but time goes fast. It's easy to miss life as it speeds by. I'm beginning to learn that. And as a dancer, that is a very frightening prospect.

Dancers don't have time. You have to spend all day every day or it isn't going to happen.You have until your late teens, early twenties to be ready for a job. And IF you get a job (which is near enough impossible in today's market), your career is likely to last you ten or fifteen, twenty AT THE MOST years. Time is of the element.

I was going to move on to the topic of performing in the Patel student recital and Swan Lake. But I've decided that that topic deserves it's own post, and so I save it. However, to save this post from vapidity, I am using it to make announcements for things to look forward to:


  • Obviously, a post about the excitement of the recital, and more importantly; Swan Lake
  • Photos from YAGP, the recital, and Swan Lake (possibly videos too)
  • An advisory portion of the blog; so this can become useful to any ballet boys who might need a resource for anything from attire, training, personal work ethic, etc.
  • Homages; little diddies for those who've helped me on the way
  • How personal life can effect being a dancer, and vice versa
  • The plan for next year
  • And finally, what will become the continuity of the blog for the next few months; the SUMMER

As to why this post is being written at 2am, honestly, I don't know. Sometimes I just can't sleep.







No comments:

Post a Comment